Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nothing coming

Do you ever have those days where you either have to write a paper or answer a random question and nothing seems to come to you? I have always hated having those days. Especially if say it happens on a test, and you just can't come up with the answer even though you know that it is just on the tip of your tongue. It is awful, and to make it worse the test is timed so you only have so much time to think about it,....and in the end it just makes it worse.
The other thing that is annoying about not coming up with anything, is that when you do finally come up with the answer you tend to spit it out out loud at the most random moment that it makes no sense at all to those around you, and so you get a bunch of funny looks. You would think that we would be able to learn our lesson, but no....it just keeps happening.

4 comments:

Keith McKay said...

I think I know what you mean. I've developed a new essay/paper-writing technique that (so far) works for me. When I get the assignment, whatever it may be, I start writing. Maybe I'll put down the key word, and then a word or two that associates with it, then just start writing down whatever half-sentence sound bytes come into my head. After a while, I have enough, and just have to re-organize the thoughts into a paper/essay.

Shannon said...

yes, i know what you mean. Sadly it also means that i have written several essays by the seat of my pants.

Lizi Dorff said...

seems like you've had this experience frequently and recently

Taylor_tots said...

This happens to me too! Don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us. I just ignore the funny looks, you know they're just looking because we're hot!