Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Forwarded E-mails

I hate forwarded e-mails. They are basically junk mail in my eyes. There is usually no point behind them except that somewhere in the e-mail they say that you should forward it to as many people as possible and then you will be "blessed" in some way or another. Then again there are those that you or others have found funny and so they pass them on....but honestly you would think that people could actually at least write you a letter to go with it. Half the time that is all that you get from some people, just forwards, it would be nice if people would actually take the time that is usually spent reading the forwarded e-mails to actually type a simple "How is it going?" to you instead.....

4 comments:

Shannon said...

true. I get alot from my sister, and i cant figure out why, only that she is so annoyed by them that she has to send them or that she actually likes them.

Alina said...

I see them as mostly junk mail too but I do have to admit that i've gotten some really, really good ones before too. You just gotta sift through them and pick out the good ones.

Alex said...

My grandparents are the only people to usually send my forwarded emails. First of all, it is a miracle they can even work the computer in the first place. My grandparents are the most old-fashioned politically incorrect people out there, so they often are making hillarious discolored comments. I get emails all the time about how immigrants are going to destroy our anglo-saxon american culture. The most recent one was this mass email about how everyone needs to rally against Barack Obama because he is secretly a muslim terrorist. I had to refrain myself, and just honor my elders with a smile. That really doesnt seem like honoring...more like humoring...oh well...whats a guy to do.

Keith McKay said...

I heard recently about a "forwarded" e-mail containing a virus that can completely wipe the computer's hard drive. So I rather agree with your assessment that forwarded mail is Junk mail - at least it should be treated that way.